The Walking Dead Episode 504 – Slabtown aka Where Beth’s Been
Quickly, since I’m sure you already know what happened this week. This week’s episode of The Walking Dead was called “Slabtown.” I must not have been paying close attention because I never caught why they called it that. Usually, there’s some not very subtle reference to why an episode has a certain title, but I missed it this week.
Here are the episode highlights, in bullet form:
- Beth wakes up in an incredibly clean and neat hospital. Somehow she thinks she can use the needle that was in her arm for a weapon against whomever comes in to the room.
- Surprisingly, a lady cop and a doctor come in to the room. Both are kinda psycho. The lady cop, Dawn, tells Beth that she owes them for having saved her. It’s like Terminus without the literal cannibalism, just figurative cannibalism.
- Officer Gorman needed killin and I’m glad that Beth took care of that. That dude was a creep and that whole lollipop scene was uncomfortable as all get out.
- Even in a post apocalyptic future, cops are portrayed as assholes.
- Speaking of cops, how many cops are there in this hospital? If Rick shows up, will they respect Rick’s authoritah as a Sheriff? Is a Sheriff a higher rank than an officer, is that how that works?
- Dr Death has Beth kill this other guy that turns out to have been an oncologist. Dr Death has Beth kill the guy so that he can remain the only living doctor at the hospital.
- Somehow, Beth became a cracker jack shot, even while shooting with her hand with a broken wrist.
- Beth is now a killing machine.
- Carol shows up at the end of the episode. This begs the question of who’s in the woods with Daryl back at the church. I think it’s Noah.
- We don’t know “when” this is. Is this concurrent with Daryl being out at that intersection when he runs into the claim gang? Is this after Terminus? It’s a little disconcerting to not know exactly when this is. Although, a part of me thinks that this is post Terminus since if it were before, and Carol had been at the hospital she would have been able to tell Darryl about Beth being there. Unless, Beth left before Carol came to, which makes no sense.
- How long has Beth been at the hospital? How long was she out for?
Anyway, it was another solid episode. Despite my questions, I’m happy with how things turned out.