Episode 312- Clear The Mat Said Welcome
It’s just so much easier to do it in bullets, plus I can publish these faster if I do it in bullets.
- They come across a hitch hiking dude walking along the road, and they just drive past him
- Next, they come across a place where some people made a last stand against walkers and they lost out. While here, they get stuck in the mud and walkers come out from out of nowhere and surround them. Rick takes care of the walkers by rolling down the window and shooting the walkers through the slit. Like a good parent, he tells Carl to cover his ears before discharging the weapon in the car.
- While they are leaving the scene, the hitch hiker catches up with them. They leave him behind and speed away.
- They make it to a town, they go to the police station, and only find one bullet. Someone, or a group of them, has been through here and taken the weapons cache. We find out, this is the town that Rick used to be the sheriff at.
- In the same town, they get ambushed by a gunman on a roof. There’s a brief shootout, and Carl, who was old to go to the car, ends up shooting the gunman. Turns out, the guy that was trying to kill them is Morgan. Morgan was wearing a bullet proof vest, so Carl doesn’t kill him but he does knock him out.
- Rick, gets Michonne to help him carry Morgan back upstairs, but they have to be super careful because of all the booby traps that Morgan has put in. One of them, is at the front door. Even though the mat said welcome, under the mat were a bunch of sharpened metal tubes.
- Turns out, Morgan has a huge weapons cache at his apartment.
- When Morgan comes to, he and Rick get into a scuffle and Morgan stabs Rick.
- Eventually, Morgan recognizes Rick and remembers who he is. Turns out, Morgan just wants to die.
- Morgan tells Rick what happened to him and his son. Morgan is pissed off at Rick because they never could get a hold of each other.
- Turns out, Duane, Morgan’s son, was killed by his own mother who had already turned. Rick gave Morgan a gun so he could put the mom down, but Morgan couldn’t do it.
- Michonne and Carl make a run to a bar, where the last remaining photo of Lori is. Carl and Michonne make it in to the bar and just barely made it out of the bar with the photo.
- First time we see Michonne smile
- Rick and Morgan are still having it out. Morgan tells Rick that Rick will either get torn apart by teeth or by bullets. Rick leaves Morgan behind, but not before taking a couple of bags full of weapons.
- Morgan understands that Rick is getting guns because there is someone after them, and he wants nothing to do with that fight.
- Morgan tells Rick that the reason he didn’t die, is because his mission is to clear.
- Rick runs into Carl and Michonne as he was leaving from Morgan’s place. Carl apologizes to Morgan for shooting him, and Morgan tells Carl that he should never apologize for that.
- Back at the car, while they are loading their supplies, Carl says Michonne may be one of them. That takes Rick by surprise, but he doesn’t seem to object to the thought either.
- On their way back from the town, they come across the hitchhiker’s remains. They stop to pick up his backpack, and then keep going.
Thus concludes episode 312, named Clear. The mat said welcome indeed.